Terms & Conditions
Subject of protection:
These terms and conditions describe the Shipping Protection that the consumer can buy when returning with Returnless. The package returned by the consumer to the online store is the subject of protection.
This Shipping Protection covers damage, loss, or theft of the package during the consumer's return shipment to the online store.
The following situations are excluded from the Shipping Protection:
- Damage caused intentionally or due to gross negligence of the sender.
- Damage resulting from improper packaging of the package by the sender.
- Damage resulting from essential information missing on the package, such as an incorrect delivery address.
- Damage caused by delays in the transportation process beyond the control of Returnless, such as natural disasters, strikes, terrorism, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- If it is determined from the package's track and trace data or weight that a shipment was not sent or no contents were sent.
Excluded from Shipping Protection:
The following products are excluded from the Shipping Protection:
- Flowers and plants
- Glass articles
- Cotton (in its raw/unprocessed form)
- Live animals
- Loose gemstones and precious metals
- Bulk products
- Televisions, laptops & phones
The following countries are excluded from the Shipping Protection:
- North Korea
Note: Any country currently or at the time of policy issuance under embargo by the United States or United Nations will be excluded.
The maximum coverage amount of the Shipping Protection is up to € 300, depending on the Shipping Protection chosen by the consumer. This amount represents the maximum value of the package, including shipping costs.
In case of damage, loss, or theft of the package, the sender or the online store to which the item was returned must report this to Returnless as soon as possible but no later than 14 days after discovery.
The notification must include the following information:
- Return order number
- Policy number
- Date of shipment and return
- Weight, dimensions, and description of the contents
- Description of the damage, loss, or theft
- Proof of the package's value, such as purchase receipts or invoices
- Photo of the package with the visible shipping label
- Photos of the damage to the contents of the package
- Proof from the recipient that the package was damaged or not received
- Pick-up report or proof of delivery to the post office
If Returnless accepts the damage claim, it will pay the consumer the compensation within 7 days of receiving all the necessary documentation. The compensation will not exceed the amount of the incurred damage, loss, or theft. Mediation and insurance fees are not covered by the Shipping Protection.
This Shipping Protection is valid for the duration of a single shipment (return) of the package from the consumer to the online store. The policy automatically expires upon receipt of the compensation or rejection of the damage claim.
Dutch law applies to this policy.
By purchasing the Shipping Protection at the time of checkout for the return shipment, the consumer declares agreement with the terms and conditions set forth on this webpage.